2019 is ending, a new year begins. The topic of our last Yin & Yang Inspiration Spread in 2019 is Inner Peace.
Tranquility and inner peace will occur when you realize that your life is unfolding according to a plan. Simplify your life, spend time in nature, listen to the messages deep inside you.
On the Yang Side a decision is to be made. In which direction do you want to go? It’s your choice. Connecting to your inner vision and your gut feeling can help you in this matter. The making of the decision might be hard and have consequences but you will grow and be stronger after this. Connect to your inner guidance with Hridaya Mudra.
On Yin Side you might have the impression that a situation is repeated and you go through it again. But this time don’t forget that you learned from the last situation and that now you are able to overlook the situation in another perspective. Through making action you will find out of a cycle and can end it finally. Something you wished for a long time ago could now happen to you. But do you still want it? Accept the situation as it will happen and do not decline it. When you listen to your inner guidance you know how to act. Sakshi Mudra can help you.
Today I chose following asanas for a short yoga session:
- Uttanasana: This forward bend stretches your back and you can connect with your inner self. Let go all the stuff and ideas you have in mind and relax. Breathe in and out. If you want you can do also some sun round of salutations here. This asana stimulates our root, sacral, Solarplexus and Crown Chakra.
- Camel Pose: This intense back bend opens your chest and your heart. Feel free in this asana and enjoy. If this variant is too intense for you can either use a block or go down just as far as it feels good for you. This pose activates Crown, third eye, throat, heart and Solarplexuschakra.
- Relax now in Anahatasana. This pose opens our heart Chakra. Stay a little bit in this position and breathe in and out. Throat, Sacral and Rootchakra are also active.
- Upward Facing dog: This asana is stretching our back and you can open your chest in this asana. Sacral, Solarplexus, Heart and Throat Chakra are activated.
- If you want you can now do a supported headstand. This inversion is balancing your crown, third eye and Throat Chakra. It’s a very refreshing and energetic asana.
- After headstand go into child pose to relax. Enjoy this pose for a little while.
- Reclined Hero Pose: one of my favorite asanas. This is very intense stretching for your legs. If it’s not possible for you to lay down your back on the mat you can e.g. support with a block or just sit down in the position. Also a small cushion under your button can help you sitting in this pose. It’s activating our Solarplexuschakra.
- We end this yoga practice with Savasana. Stay in this restorative position for a few minutes. Relax and focus on your breath.
- Hridaya Mudra: Sit down in a comfortable pose. Place your right hand over your heart. Place your left hand over the right hand. Relax your shoulders.
- Sakshi Mudra: Sit down in a comfortable pose. Join the tips of your fingers together pointing upward, base your palms together. Bend your thumbs facing inward.
- Mudras for Awakening the Energy body by Alison DeNicola
- Yoga Sequencing Deck by Mark Stephens
- Sacred Destiny Oracle by Denise Linn
- Wisdom of the Oracle by Colette Baron-Reid
- Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards by Tori Hartman
- Inner Compass Oracle by Heather Hoeps
- The Secret Language of Color by Inna Segal