In the last weeks several friends asked me: What are you doing with these cards? And what they have got to do with yoga?
The thought of using oracle cards for yoga purposes came regarding my Yogateacher training and thinking about my teaching style. I asked: why not to try to develop a style where also the pupils could participate on the yoga session? Also I wanted to get a more intuitive way to discover topics which could function as a topic for a yoga session.
So regarding these ideas, oracle cards and cards with asanas came into my mind. The pupils could e.g. draw a card with an asana and the group could have a short chat about this asana, the background and which effect on the body and mind the asana has.
For the Asanas and Mudras I am working with three decks:
- Yogabox by Anna Trökes
- Yoga Sequencing Deck by Mark Stephens
- Mudras by Gertrud Hirschi
For the Chakras I am actually working with just one deck, but I am searching for additional ones.
- Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards by Tori Hartman
For the inspiration for a Yoga class topic, I found following oracles:
- Sacred Traveler Oracle Cards by Denise Linn
- Wisdom of the Oracle by Colette Baron-Reid
- Moonology Oracle Cards by Yasmin Boland
- Inner Compass Oracle by Heather Hoeps
- The Soul’s Journey Lessons Cards by James van Praagh
In a next blog post I will try to cover the three spreads I am working on.
- Yoga Inspiration Spread
- Chakra Inspiration Spread
- Yin & Yang Inspiration Spread